SubjectCoach Terms of Service
is the property of SubjectCoach (ABN 99 134 729 114).
For the purposes of this agreement the words “SubjectCoach”, “we”, “our” and “us” refer to SubjectCoach (ABN 99 134 729 114), and “Site” to materials delivered on the website located at the domain name www.SubjectCoach.com
These terms and conditions of service (“Terms“) should be read carefully by users of the Site (“you“) prior to accessing or using the information and services available through the Site.
SubjectCoach provides the information and services on the Site in accordance with these Terms together with any additional terms, conditions, notices or disclaimers placed on the Site from time to time. Your access to and use of the Site (including via mobile devices), including information, materials and services provided on the Site is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with these Terms. Your access to and use of the Site, including information, materials and services provided on the Site, means that you accept all of these Terms and are bound by these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, you should leave the Site and discontinue use of any services provided by SubjectCoach immediately.
These Terms apply whether you are a visitor (which means that you are just browsing the Site) or a registered user (which means you have registered an account on the Site). In this document when we refer to you we refer to both visitors and users.
You agree to provide us with current, complete, and accurate information for your billing account and will promptly notify us if there is any change in your billing address and, where you have paid by credit card, will promptly notify us if there is any change to your credit card number, or credit card expiration date or if your credit card is cancelled (for example, for loss or theft). Automatic Renewal Service
For Business Listing Plans, your subscription includes enrolment in our Automatic Renewal Service.
- Without any additional action by you we'll automatically charge your credit/debit card the then-current subscription renewal price (plus applicable taxes) on your monthly anniversary date (the date which you joined).
- You can cancel the Automatic Renewal Service by logging into your Business Portal
- You need to give at least 14 business days notice before your anniversary date to cancel the Automatic Renewal Service.
Processing booking and items payments
Commission setup - Businesses agree to;
- Business is responsible for correctly entering and paying its taxes.
- SubjectCoach expressly advises that we shall only pay GST on the added value that it generates (corresponding to the Commission), but not on the sales generated by business.
- Business shall allow SubjectCoach to retain % of the sale price (check the pricing page for more info), a fixed fee per transaction is also charged by our Payment Processors Stripe and Paypal.
- Business hereby expressly authorizes SubjectCoach to deduct the commission from the amount transferred to it by the credit card collection operator and to transfer the remaining net amount to Business
- SubjectCoach makes a statement available in the business dashboard which reports sales and payments due. SubjectCoach will processes the amount owed from orders minus the commission to connected Stripe account or connected PayPal Account of the business.
- Any payment fees charged from third parties (for example bank fees, intermediary bank fees, Stripe processing fees, Paypal fees etc.) are to be borne and the sole responsibility of the Business. SubjectCoach can not be held responsible for third party costs or transfer fees arising from the transfer of funds to the selected account.
Additional terms on the Site
In addition to these Terms important notices have been posted on the Site. Your use of the Site means that you also accept the terms, conditions, notices, disclaimers and policies posted on the Site, or in documents posted on the Site and that such documents are included in the definition of Terms, and form part of the Terms. SubjectCoach reserves the right to modify these notices at any time.
Information for personal use only
You agree that information contained on this Site is for personal use only and may not be sold, redistributed or used for any commercial purpose, without SubjectCoach’s express permission. You may download material from this Site for your personal, non-commercial use only, however all of SubjectCoach’s intellectual property rights must be maintained.
You must not use this Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms. You may not use data mining, robots, spiders, crawlers, scrapers, or similar data gathering and extraction tools on this Site for establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication.
7 Day Money Back Guarantee (Parents accounts)
At SubjectCoach, we put customer satisfaction first. That’s why we offer a 7 day money back guarantee on all of our plans. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase we will give you a full refund on the purchase price, including any costs such as fees and charges, so long as you contact us within 7 days of joining SubjectCoach with your credit card. The money back guarantee is subject to the terms and conditions listed below:
- In order to organise a refund under these terms and conditions, the customer must notify SubjectCoach within 7 days of account sign up regardless of the plan they choose.
- The 7 day period will commence on the date that the customer joins SubjectCoach with their credit card.
- All material (including PreTests, Worksheets etc) downloaded must be deleted from all customer owned digital media.
- SubjectCoach reserves the right to make changes to these 7 Day Money Back Guarantee Terms and Conditions without notice.
- SubjectCoach reserves the right to reject the refund request where it thinks that the customer has solely signed up to take advantage of the 7 day money back guarantee OR other similar scenarios.
- SubjectCoach will not refund if a customer's request for a refund is received after these initial 7 days.
- SubjectCoach will not issue a refund if customer cancels their plan themselves after initially signing up.
Cancellations and Refunds
Parent account refunds
You are eligible for a full refund within the guarantee period, after which, you can cancel your account anytime and use it for the remainder of the term (usually 1 year from the payment date), however, refund request will be rejected.
If a user/student cancels their requested booking with a tutor up to 48 hours before the requested booking date, they are entitled to a full refund minus the processing fees (in some cases). A charge back fee of up to USD $25 may be charged in case processing disputes.
If user/student cancel their requested booking within 48 hours of the requested booking date, they are not entitled to any refund.
If a business cancels a confirmed booking made via SubjectCoach, and no suitable alternative service can be agreed upon, SubjectCoach will refund the total amount paid by user/student. SubjectCoach will also charge the business the total amount paid by customers plus a $25 administration fee. If a business cancels a confirmed booking and you, as have not received an email or other communication from the business, then email SubjectCoach via email@example.com.
In case of a refund request for a purchased course, tutorial, notes and other items, Refunds can be processed on case by case basis. Because of the nature of products for sales (digital), SubjectCoach hold the right to refuse a refund on its and Seller's behalf.
Provision of services
SubjectCoach is constantly innovating its Site and its services in order to provide the best possible service for its users. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the services which SubjectCoach provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you. You also acknowledge and agree that SubjectCoach, in its sole discretion, may stop providing all or part of the services to you or to users generally, without prior notice to you.
You may stop using the services at any time.
You acknowledge and agree that while SubjectCoach may not currently have set a fixed upper limit on the total data that can be uploaded by users or on the amount of storage space used for the provision of any service, SubjectCoach reserves the right to set such fixed upper limits at any time for each user (collectively or individually), at SubjectCoach’s discretion.
All intellectual property contained on the Site and in the services provided by SubjectCoach is owned or licensed by SubjectCoach (unless otherwise acknowledged on the Site) and protected by intellectual property laws of Australia and other countries. SubjectCoach owns or has been licensed:
- all underlying source code and software comprised in the Site;
- all material on the Site (including but not limited to, photos, graphics, text, visual and audiovisual works); and
- the design, layout, look and appearance of the Site,
Use and adaptation
SubjectCoach grants you a personal, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable licence to use its software on a server controlled by SubjectCoach, for the sole purpose of using SubjectCoach’s services and accessing and obtaining information from the Site, in a manner pursuant to the Terms.
Nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use any of SubjectCoach’s trade names, trade marks, service marks, logos, domain names, or other distinctive brand features.
Except as necessary for the use of the Site on your browser, or as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or other applicable laws, you may not (directly or indirectly) in any way distribute, sub license, modify, translate, publish, rebroadcast, transmit, communicate, reverse engineer, attempt to discover source code, decrypt, or de-compile in any way any, or create derivative works from any Site Components without the prior written consent of SubjectCoach. You are not licensed to use or install the source code or software, other than as specifically authorised by SubjectCoach. SubjectCoach reserves the right to add, remove or vary any source code or software.
You further agree not to use any Site Component obtained through the Site in a manner that is competitive with the Site or SubjectCoach’s business.
All of SubjectCoach’s rights in this regard are reserved.
Licence to SubjectCoach
At the time of submitting and/or uploading any content and other information to the Site (including on any blog or forum), you grant SubjectCoach a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform, display and otherwise deal with that content and information by any means whatsoever (including, without limitation, in print and electronic form). You warrant that you have the right to grant SubjectCoach such a licence. For the avoidance of doubt, this licence survives any termination of your account or you ceasing use of our services.
If you are the holder of any “Moral Rights” (being rights of integrity, rights of attribution and other rights of an analogous nature which now exist or which may exist in the future, including, without limitation, moral rights under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or any comparable law of any other jurisdiction) in any content or other information that you submit and/or upload to the Site (“Works”), you consent in favour of SubjectCoach, its employees, agents, officers, contractors, licensees, assignees and successors in title and any person authorised by SubjectCoach (“SubjectCoach Parties”), to any activity the performance of which would otherwise infringe your Moral Rights in the Works. If you are not the holder of the Moral Rights in the Works, you warrant that the holder of the Moral Rights in the Works has consented in writing in favour of the SubjectCoach Parties to any activity the performance of which would otherwise infringe that person’s Moral Rights in the Works.
The Site may contain multimedia works (such as videos or still images) licensed to SubjectCoach from third party providers. These works are provided to you by SubjectCoach purely for the effective operation of the Site. You may not (directly or indirectly) distribute, modify, translate, publish, rebroadcast, transmit or communicate any works or create derivative works from any image or other multimedia work contained on the Site.
Accuracy of information on the site
We make every effort to ensure that all information displayed on the Site is accurate and we will correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable after being notified of them. We do not guarantee that the Site will be fault free or that all of the information displayed will be completely accurate and we accept no liability whatsoever for any errors or omissions.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, SubjectCoach disclaims all warranties, representations (whether express or implied) and responsibilities about the reliability, accuracy or completeness of any information contained on the Site. Your use of the Site is at your own risk.
Third party sites and advertising
The Site contains links to other websites which are not maintained or controlled by SubjectCoach or its related companies ("third party site"). Third party sites are not part of the Site and the links are provided by SubjectCoach solely for your convenience. SubjectCoach has not reviewed any third party site and makes no representations or warranties whatsoever about any third party site. SubjectCoach does not endorse, nor does it accept any responsibility for, the content or use of any third party site.
The Site may contain advertisements which are not maintained or controlled by SubjectCoach or its related companies ("third party ads"). Any responsibility for the content of any third party ads, and any representations or warranties made in any third party ads, rests solely with the advertiser. The placement of such third party ads on the Site does not constitute SubjectCoach’s recommendation or endorsement of any advertised product or service. You should seek to obtain all accurate and up to date information directly from the third party before making a decision to apply for or acquire the product or services.
SubjectCoach is not responsible for the copyright compliance of any third party site. We will not accept any liability for any damages of loss arising in any way out of or in connection with your access, use or reliance of those websites.
Your use of any third party site linked through the Site is at your own discretion and risk. You acknowledge and agree that SubjectCoach is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the content on, or availability of, those third party sites, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such third party sites.
Use of the Site
You must not use the Site to facilitate or participate in any illegal activity or engage in any activity which SubjectCoach, in its absolute discretion, considers inappropriate. SubjectCoach reserves the right to terminate or restrict your access to the Site immediately and indefinitely if it suspects that you are engaging in any such behaviour or are in breach of any of the Terms.
When using the Site, you agree not to:
- attempt to obtain unauthorised access to the Site or portions of the Site that are restricted from general access or which you do not have access to;
- disrupt or interfere with the security of the Site, or any services, system resources, accounts, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Site;
- post, publish, distribute or disseminate any infringing, obscene, defamatory, unlawful or indecent information or material;
- upload, post or otherwise transmit through or on this Site any viruses or other harmful, disruptive, malicious or destructive files;
- upload or otherwise transmit through or on this Site files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or confidentiality) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents;
- disrupt or interfere with any other user's use or enjoyment of the Site or affiliated or linked Sites including doing anything which may be reasonably considered to offend another user of the Site;
- harass, threaten, defame, stalk, abuse or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy) of others;
- download or use any material posted by another user of the Site that you know, or ought reasonably to know, cannot be legally used in such a manner;
- use or attempt to use another user of the Site's account, service or system without authorisation from that user of the Site or SubjectCoach;
- create or use a false identity on the Site;
- transmit through or on the Site spam, chain letters, junk mail or any other type of unsolicited mass email to people or entities who have not agreed to be part of such mailings;
- remove or delete any legal or proprietary notices or author attributions contained on the Site;
- use this Site for any purpose that is otherwise unlawful or prohibited by these Terms; or
- facilitate or encourage any violation of these Terms.
You warrant to SubjectCoach that, when accessing the Site, using our services or providing any information or content to the Site, you have full legal capacity to agree to these Terms and you agree to act in good faith and in accordance with these Terms.
You also warrant to SubjectCoach that where you have registered with SubjectCoach, you have the right to provide all information and content you provide on the Site, including your registration information, and that the information and content provided by you:
- is true, current and correct;
- does not infringe any patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- is not misleading or deceptive, unlawful, libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, abusive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
- does not contain any viruses, time bombs, cancelbots, Trojan horses, worms or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information;
- was not obtained by way of an invasion of privacy or publicity rights; and
- can be lawfully published by SubjectCoach.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SITE AND ALL SITE COMPONENTS ARE PROVIDED BY SubjectCoach “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND BY SubjectCoach, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SubjectCoach DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ANY SITE COMPONENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT ITS USE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE AND ALL SITE COMPONENTS IS WITH YOU.
- Without limiting the above, you expressly acknowledge and agree that:
- because user authentication on the Internet is difficult, SubjectCoach cannot and does not warrant or confirm that each user of the Site are who they claim to be;
- SubjectCoach does not represent or warrant that your use of the Site will meet your requirements;
- SubjectCoach accepts information and content uploaded from user of the Site in good faith and on the basis of warranties provided by those users and it is your responsibility at all times to investigate and become satisfied as to the accuracy of the information and content provided by any other party on the Site and SubjectCoach at no time makes any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of any information or content provided on the Site; and
- the operation of the Site may be affected by numerous factors outside SubjectCoach’s control (such as malfunctioning equipment or software, Internet access difficulties, or delay or failures of transmission) and SubjectCoach does not warrant that the Site or any Site Component will be error free, free from viruses or other harmful content or components, or that access to the Site will be secure, uninterrupted, provided without delay or in a timely fashion (whether or not an error, virus or harmful component is or is not outside SubjectCoach’s control).
Exclusion of Liability
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, SubjectCoach’s liability and responsibility to you under or incidental to these Terms is excluded in respect of any and all loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, including, without limitation, loss of profits, loss of data, loss of business or anticipated savings, general and special damages, and consequential and incidental loss
- If, notwithstanding the provisions of this clause, a court of competent jurisdiction holds SubjectCoach liable in respect of any matters arising under or incidental to these Terms, to the fullest extent permitted by law, such liability will be limited to AUD$10.
Access to the Site outside Australia
SubjectCoach does not represent or warrant that the content on the Site complies with the laws of any country outside of Australia. If you access the Site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk.
You agree to release, indemnify and hold SubjectCoach, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, agents, sponsors, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, damages, claim, or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site, information or content submitted or uploaded by you to the Site and/or arising from a breach by you of these Terms (including any breach of your representations and warranties given by you in these Terms).
Right of Removal
SubjectCoach reserves the right to remove, screen, filter or modify any content submitted by you or post on the Site if SubjectCoach believes, at its discretion, that the information or content provided by you is false or misleading, breaches these Terms, or it otherwise considers it inappropriate. SubjectCoach takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party. You agree to indemnify SubjectCoach for any loss or damage arising as a result of your breach of these terms.
SubjectCoach also reserves the right to refuse initial registration, close, terminate or suspend any account established by you with the Site, change your details, or re-issue or re-use your username with another user, at its sole discretion. If we have refused registration or closed, terminated or suspended any account established by you with the Site, you may not open another account with us without our written permission.
You acknowledge and agree that if SubjectCoach disables access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the services, your account details or any files or other content which is contained in your account. If your account is terminated SubjectCoach or if you unsubscribe your registration or close your account, SubjectCoach may keep a back-up copy of any content uploaded by you for a reasonable period of time.
Our rights to use information you send us
SubjectCoach welcomes ideas and feedback from you about all aspects of the Site. You agree that SubjectCoach may reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, use for Site enhancements, use for commercial purposes, and publicly display any materials and other information (including ideas for new or improved products and services) that you submit to any public areas of the Site (such as bulletin boards and forums), submit via our feedback form, or submit to us via email or any other form of communication.
Reliance on service
SubjectCoach provides no guarantee or warranty to you that the services available through its Site will be uninterrupted, error-free, secure, timely, secure from error, accurate, reliable, or that defects in the service will be corrected. Whilst SubjectCoach will endeavour to maintain ongoing access, access to the Site may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time. SubjectCoach is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction with the Internet, with the Site, or a combination thereof.
SubjectCoach will not be liable for any software or hardware issues that may reside at the user’s end that limits or interferes with the services provided by SubjectCoach. These include, but are not limited to, complex networks that do not allow network traffic through to SubjectCoach servers including proxy servers, terminal services or ISP issues, and software conflicts on a user’s machine, not allowing the SubjectCoach code or software to be installed, used or accessed.
Security of information
While SubjectCoach takes all due care in ensuring the privacy and integrity of the information you provide, the possibility exists that this information could be unlawfully observed by a third party while in transit over the Internet or while stored on SubjectCoach systems or on SubjectCoach’s Site. SubjectCoach cannot always ensure that it’s computer systems, network resources, files available for downloading and email communications will be fully or continually protected from unlawful access by others, including the infection of data or other information by viruses, or the alteration, misuse, or stealing of data or other information or that any of these activities will be detected. SubjectCoach disclaims all liability to you to the greatest extent possible pursuant to law should this occur.
Your responsibility for your login and password
If you elect to register an account with SubjectCoach, you will be issued with a password and a SubjectCoach username which is a URL (username.SubjectCoach.com). You may change your login or password at any time by following instructions on the Site. You may also unsubscribe your registration at any time.
While registering you will need to supply us with accurate, complete and up-to-date personal information so as to be supplied with the services offered to registered users. When selecting the username during registration, you will not deliberately:
- try to impersonate another person; or
- infringe the rights of any person or business.
SubjectCoach will not be responsible if you do not receive important notifications due to inaccurate personal information or your failure to notify us of changes to your personal details. Correspondence from SubjectCoach will be sent to you via the contact email address that you provide us. SubjectCoach waives any responsibility for correspondence not being received at this address.
You must not transfer for your account to anyone other person without SubjectCoach’s written permission. You agree to immediately notify SubjectCoach of any unauthorised use of your login name or any other breach of security known to you.
It is your responsibility to immediately advise us of any change to your contact email address or other personal information.
SubjectCoach cannot and does not know or control whether you have given access to your login and password to other people and recommends that you keep your login and password details confidential. You are entirely responsible if you do not maintain the confidentiality of your login and password, and the actions of the people (if any) you allow to access your login and password details. You are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your login name.
Access to Site via mobile applications
The Site may include versions designed for mobile content that may be viewed on mobile devices (the “Mobile Sites” and “Mobile App”). In order to use the Mobile Sites or SubjectCoach App , you must have a wireless mobile device and wireless service through a mobile service provider.
You agree that you are solely responsible for all message & data charges that you incur from your mobile service provider for your use of the Site or Mobile Sites. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Please contact your mobile service provider for pricing plans and details.
SubjectCoach is not responsible for any fees in accessing the Site or Mobile Sites from your mobile device.
These Terms apply in respect of access to and use of the Site or any Mobile Site.
You agree to promptly inform SubjectCoach of any breach by you of these Terms and of any conduct of any other person which you think may be a breach of these Terms, whether the conduct has ceased, is continuing, or may occur in the future.
SubjectCoach reserves the right to modify these Terms in whole or in part from time to time without providing you notice. Any amendments made to the Terms will be effective immediately upon their posting to the Site. Your continued use of the Site, or continued use of any information obtained through the Site or from our services, will represent your agreement to be bound by the amended Terms.
SubjectCoach will make a new copy of the Terms available at the Site at https://www.subjectcoach.com/terms .
Where there is a dispute between you and SubjectCoach, you agree to resolve any dispute promptly and in good faith. If you and SubjectCoach are unable to resolve a dispute, then either party may submit the dispute for non-binding impartial mediation before a mediator located in Melbourne, Australia. If the dispute is not resolved by mediation, either may pursue any remedy available to it under the laws of Victoria, Australia.
You may not assign, transfer or otherwise deal with these Terms or any right or obligation under these Terms without the prior written consent of SubjectCoach. SubjectCoach may assign, transfer or otherwise deal with these Terms or any right or obligation under these Terms without your consent.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and SubjectCoach with respect to the subject matter of these Terms and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms will be effective only if in writing and signed by SubjectCoach or confirmed in an email from SubjectCoach to you.
If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of the Terms to be unenforceable, that provision or portion will be severed from the Terms and the remainder of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
For safety reasons, private one to one tutions can only be conducted by certain members of SubjectCoach, ones who've fulfilled their Background Check obligations with SubjectCoach. As per law in different states, regions, countries you must provide reports/certificates that applies to you from the list below and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents required
- Federal Criminal Background Checks [mandatory]
- Child Abuse Checks (if your state offers such report)
- State Criminal Background Checks
- Working with Children Certificate (if applicable)
Please note that some music clips such as "What Is Love","Danger Storm","Carefree","Ambier" are by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) are Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Some other music used in videos and games is from purple-planet.com/freesound.org and is used under Creative Commons Attribution License 3.0
These Terms are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions or your actual state or country of residence.